Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time 1hr
- 6 medium sized to large potatoes
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Sprig Habanero Sauce 2 to 3 tbsp
- Sprig Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese Grated 3 cups
- Sprig 6 Pepper Medley
- Garlic 6 to 8 pods
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Make thin (¼-inch approx.) slices across the potato, making sure you do not cut through the bottom of the potato.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then brush the butter evenly on both of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top of the potatoes, then bake for about 30 minutes until the slices of each potato have started to separate and crisp up.
- In the meanwhile, roast the tomatoes and the garlic pods on a gas top until the skin of the tomato comes off.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and the garlic and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the grated cheese and Habanero Sauce. Mix well and set aside
- Remove the potatoes and lower the oven heat to 180°C.
- Place approx. 1 teaspoon of the cheese tomato mix in between the slits in the potatoes, then return to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish each potato with spring onion.
- Serve hot.