Miso Ramen Bowl
Ramen is a great idea whether you’re just home alone and hungry or if you have a whole gang of guests at home. With the right recipe, it can be a filling daily staple as well. Try this version with chicken and the richness of Sprig’s Toasted Oil, and we promise you’ll be back for more. And if you’re a vegetarian reading this, despair not – Simply replace the chicken and tofu and follow the recipe! Happy slurping!
- 200g ramen noodles, cooked as per package instructions
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 500 ml chicken / vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Sprig Toasted Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable / olive oil
- Soy sauce to taste
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, diced into pieces
- 1 packet mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stem, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion greens, chopped
- 1 head of pak choy
- Marinate the chicken pieces in soy and 1 tbsp of sesame oil, keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add garlic & cook for a few minutes. Next add onions and sauté till fragrant.
- Add celery and carrots and sauté for a few minutes. Then add mushrooms and cook until slightly browned.
- Add salt (to taste) & miso paste, and mix well.
- Pour in the chicken / vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in the chicken, and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked.
- Adjust seasoning with soy & miso if needed.
- Turn off heat and add the pak choy leaves, just to slightly wilt them.
- In a bowl, add the cooked ramen noodles. Add in the chicken and vegetables and top up with the miso broth.
- Add pak choy & spring onion greens.
- Garnish with sesame oil, chilli oil & sesame seeds.
- Slurp and enjoy!