Genoise Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 255g eggs
- 150g sugar
- 25g butter
- 25g milk
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Sprig vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 355F.
- In a bowl, put eggs, vanilla extract and sugar. Place the bowl over hot water in a pot (not boiling, otherwise the eggs will cook). Whip 8~10min until fluffy, and the consistency of batter doesn't smooth out quickly.
- Add the sieved flour, and fold gently until no flour streaks are seen.
- In another small bowl, put milk and melted unsalted butter. Add a dollop of batter, mix until well combined. Pour back the mixture into the batter, and mix gently.
- 5. Transfer into the lined cake pan. Tap a few times to get out air pockets. Bake for 30~35min until a toothpick comes out clean when poking the centre. After coming out of the oven, remove right away from the pan.
- Cool it completely, slice and serve with cherry vanilla rum sauce.