Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Dates – ½ cup (deseeded)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup (powdered)
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Freshly grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Sift wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda and salt. Keep it aside.
- De-seed dates and chop it. Soak it in hot milk for 30 minutes.
- Blend dates to make a paste.
- Add oil, sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add dates paste and mix well.
- Now add flour slowly to the mix and fold. Do not over mix. The flour must get moistened.
- Add coconut, sprig vanilla extract, and give a quick stir.
- Grease the muffin cups with some oil evenly or use liners and add the batter to it. Make sure to fill each muffin cup till 3/4 cup and sprinkle some nuts on top.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Bake at the same temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once it has cooled down, remove from the muffin cup, and enjoy
- You can check if it has baked properly by pricking a muffin with a toothpick. If it comes clean, then your muffins are done or else bake it for 5 more minutes.
- You can also add walnuts, cashews etc.
- Use any neutral oil for baking like olive oil or canola oil or sunflower oil.