Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini paste
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon SPRIG HABANERO SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water
- Dash ground paprika or sumac, for serving
- In the bowl of a mixer-grinder/blender, combine the tahini and lemon juice and grind for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Grind for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the blender and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- It is likely that the Hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the blender turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Add salt to taste and adjust as needed. Add in SPRIG HABANERO Sauce, serve Hummus with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Store homemade Hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.