Yuzu Ice Cream
Yuzu Ice Cream
April 22, 2020
For ice cream Dome:
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbspn custard powder
- 3 tbspn sugar
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 3 tspn SPRIG Yuzu extract
For biscuit base:
- 3 packets digestive Biscuits
- 1 cup butter melted
- Pinch of SPRIG green color
- Heat a sauce pan & heat 2 cups of milk with sugar. In a separate bowl combine 3-4 tbspn milk with custard powder & mix like slurry.
- Let the milk come to boil. Keep the flame low & add the custard slurry mixture. Keep on whisking to avoid lumps. Should be a smooth paste. Remove from flame & let it cool down.
- Meanwhile freeze the bowl in which you want to whip the cream in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Now in a chilled bowl add the whipping cream & beat on slow speed for few minutes. The mixture should form peaks. Now add the custard mixture & whisk. Should be smooth without any lumps. Finally add the Sprig Yuzu extract & fold the mixture gently. Transfer in a freezer box & let it chill for minimum 5-6 hrs in freezer.
- Remove from freezer & scrape the chilled ice cream . Whisk for a while & transfer to sphere silicon mold. Transfer in freezer & let it chill for 7-8 hrs at least.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a mixer grinder until powder like texture. Add butter & a pinch of edible green color & blend for few seconds.
- Transfer on to a flat plate & freeze for a while. With the help of a cookie cutter, cut out circular shapes.
- Gently demold the frozen ice cream domes and place it on the biscuit base.
For the base:
To be served immediately.