September 17, 2019
- 1 Cubed Chicken Thigh piece
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 250 gms roughly Chopped Spinach
- ¼ cup Boiled American corn kernels
- 3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- ½ tbsp SPRIG Jalapeño Salsa
- 8 pieces Vol-Au Vent Shells
- Black Sesame for Garnish
- In a pan, on a medium high heat, add butter. Once, butter melts, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and sauté it for 2 minutes and now add water, salt, pepper and stir it all. Close the lid and let it simmer for on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now Add, spinach, boiled corns and cream and sauté everything together on medium high flames
- Let the water be absorbed well after which, close the flame. Also remember, the consistency of the mixture should be creamy in texture and not watery.
- Add SPRIG Jalapeño Salsa and Dried Oregano. Mix it well into the mixture. And keep it aside.
- Now, on a baking tray, arrange vol-au-vent shells and brush them with butter. Bake it in pre-heated oven at 200c for 3 to 4 minutes or until the crust becomes crispy golden brown in colour.
- Take it out and plate these shells on the plate and quickly fill in the Jalapeño Salsa Creamy Chicken Mixture.
- Sprinkle some toasted Black sesame for Garnish and serve it warm.
Recipe and image courtesy of The Grub Journal https://bit.ly/2LWnt4l