Yield: Serves 4
- 6 eggplant slices
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup thick hung yogurt
- 1 tsp SPRIG Wasabi paste
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Soak the eggplant slices in salt water for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the water, pat dry and lightly dip in soya sauce.
- Brush a non-stick pan on medium heat with oil.
- Place the eggplant slices on the pan and cover with a lid, to cook evenly for about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, stir the wasabi paste into the strained yogurt and set aside.
- To serve, place a dollop of the wasabi cream on top of each slice of eggplant.
- Sprinkle some of the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.