Wasabi and Yuzu Flavoured Deep Fried Chicken Wings
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 10mins
Rest Time: 2hrs
Ready in 2hrs 30mins
- 500gms chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon Sprig wasabi powder
- Sprig Chipotle Smoked Sea salt to taste
- 3tbsps Sprigs Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsps Soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoons Sprigs Yuzu Extract
- 3 cups approx All purpose flour
- 2 to 3 eggs.
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 cups of Vegetable Oil for deep frying
For Dipping sauce.
- In a mixing bowl add Wasabi powder, Soya sauce, Teriyaki sauce and Yuzu extract, Salt and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix well. Add the chicken into the mix and let it rest for 2hrs atleast.
- Now spread the flour and the rolled oats in two separate flat surfaces. In another medium bowl beat the eggs. Arrange these 3 ingredients in a row starting with eggs first followed by flour and then the oats.
- Once the chicken has marinated for 2 hrs or so, coat each piece of chicken wings with eggs first, followed by flour, then eggs again and finally with the oats. Remove the excess flour from the wings before coating it with the eggs for the 2nd Repeat this for all the wings individually
- Fry for around 8 minutes in medium heat first and then on low heat until the oats has turned golden brown.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, yuzu, wasabi powder and Teriyaki Sauce. Set aside and serve with wings and Serve hot.