Wasabi and Sweet paprika flavoured Herb Yoghurt Dip with Crispy Fried Chips
Prep time 10mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 green unripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 6 Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Wasabi Powder
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup of finely chopped herbs of your choice (coriander, mint, chives, parsley, basil etc)
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Wasabi Herbs Dip
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the wasabi powder and yoghurt. Mix well and let it rest for three to five mins for the wasabi powder to release its full flavour.
- Add the herbs, oil, ½ tsp sweet paprika and the lemon juice.
- Add salt. Mix well.
For Banana chips
- Add the sliced bananas into a bowl of cold water (mixed with salt and turmeric) for 10-15 minutes and then drain out the water completely. Transfer to a dry cloth to remove all the moisture.
- Heat some oil in a deep pan over medium flame till it’s steaming hot.
- Deep-fry the slices till they are crispy.
- Drain the chips on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle some salt and paprika.
For Potato Chips
Repeat the same process for banana chips, except for adding salt and turmeric into the cold water.
Recipe and Pic: Antara Boruah, Choukascribbled