Warm Potato Salad with Chilé Flakes
Plain potatoes made interesting with Mexican flavours, spices and herbs
Time: 35 mins
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tsp Chipotle chilé flakes
- 3 tbsp sprig garlic infused olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp gherkins chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp thick cream or yoghurt
- Salt and SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil and season water liberally with salt and cook the potatoes until just fork tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine chipotle, lime juice, onion, and gherkins in a bowl then whisk in the garlic infused extra-virgin olive oil.
- Drain the potatoes well, return them to hot pot to let water evaporate, then add immediately to dressing. The dressing will be better absorbed.
- Toss with herbs and chilé
- Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm or chill.