- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon infused Demerara sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche spread
- 10-15 pretzels, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Brush a 9” cake pan with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and both the sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Mix in the bourbon vanilla extract.
- Add all purpose flour and baking powder in two additions, alternating with milk. Combine only until we’ll-combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake at 180C for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, fold the dulce de leche in the whipped cream.
- Once the walnut cake has cooled, cover generously with the frosting and decorate with pretzels
- Recipe and Images Courtesy: Shivesh Bhatia (http://bakewithshivesh.com)