Preparation time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 200 g rice noodles
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Syracuse: American Spice Blend
- Bunch of snow peas or green peas
- 1 chilli
- 1 big onion
- 5 mushrooms
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 limes
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Chop the onion and slice mushrooms. Cut bell peppers and peas into pieces. Thinly slice chilli.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry onion and chilli for 3 minutes. Add Syracuse spice blend, stirring for 1 minute. Add vegetable and keep frying for the next 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil noodles for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain it and rinse with cold water to avoid sticking together.
- Stir in stock in a pan, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes (not longer, otherwise vegetables will lose their bright colours!).
- Remove from heat. Stir in the coconut milk. Season it with soy sauce and lime juice.
- Divide noodles between bowls, ladle the soup and decorate with coriander leaves, chilli and lime quarters.
Recipe and Image by Aga of one90six.com