Vanilla French Toast with Caramelized Bananas
Make a healthy and delicious vanilla flavoured dish with all the goodness of bananas.
Time: 35 mins
For the French toast
- 100 ml milk
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 tsps SPRIG All Natural Vanilla Extract
- 5 gm baking powder
- 30 gm melted butter
- 10 slices of brioche or normal white bread
- Honey to drizzle
For the bananas
- 50 gm sugar
- 1 banana sliced
- For the French toast: Mix the milk, egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract along with baking powder into a bowl.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and dip the slices of brioche / white bread into the batter, and cook on both sides till golden-brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the bananas: MIX the sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract in a saucepan and heat till it starts to caramelize.
- Add the banana pieces to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the banana is tender and finish with a dollop of butter.
- If you want a lighter vanilla / cinnamon flavour, you can replace normal sugar with SPRIG vanilla sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Place the French toast in a serving plate. Remove the bananas from the syrup with a slotted spoon and place on top of the toast, serve with mint leaves and pour the banana syrup on top and drizzle some honey on top.