Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Colourful vanilla cupcakes for your kids
Time: 2 hours
- 200 gm butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) sugar
- 1 SPRIG Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Pod or 5ml SPRIG All Natural Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 and three quarter cups (405g) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 200g butter, softened
- 6 cups (900g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Sprig natural extracts for colouring food and beverages
- For cupcakes: preheat oven to 180°c. Line 24 1/3 cup (80ml), muffin pans with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined.
- Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting: use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar while beating. Add the milk and beat until well combined.
- Divide frosting into small bowls, add the colour of your choice and decorate the muffins.