Tomato and Basil Bruschetta with Mozzarella
A quick, easy to make appetizer with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese, lightly tossed in olive oil and topped with parsley
Time: 20 mins
- 1 (32-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 20ml garlic infused olive oil
- Freshly ground SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- 2 large French baguettes, sliced 1-inch thick (about 36 slices)
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add drained tomatoes, 4-5 basil leaves and half of the garlic infused olive oil.
- Pulse until smooth, but somewhat chunky. Season with salt and black pepper.
- On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices. Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Working quickly, drizzle the garlic infused olive oil on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 seconds.
- Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece.
- Place bruschetta on decorative platter and garnish with parsley.