Prep Time: 10mins
Cook time 60 mins
- 2 cups sticky rice
- 1/2 tbsp Blue Pea Tea or more depending on how much of tea flavour you want in your dessert.
- 1 and 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 Lemon Grass leaves
- 3 mangoes
- ½ Cup Salted Caramel spread
- Wash sticky rice until water is clear and soak with warm water for 3 hours atleast.
- Steam the sticky rice on a steamer with the Lemon grass for 30-45 minutes or until grains are soft but not mushy.
- While the rice is getting ready, add 1 and 1/2 cups of coconut milk in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves in medium to low heat.
- Add Blue Pea tea and heat for another 2 to 3 mins until the mix attains a light bluish colour. Check for flavour, add more of the blue pea tea if required.
- When the sticky rice is cooked, add it into the mixture and cook for another 15minutes.
- Add the mangoes into a blender along with the coconut palm sugar.
- Take a nice deep dessert glass/ goblet. Add 2 tbsp. of the caramel spread to the bottom of the glass, followed by the sticky rice pudding and top it up with the mango pulp.
- Add some pomegranate jewels for extra crunch.