Thai Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
Yield: serves 2
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 250gm of jasmine rice (precooked)
- 200gm boneless chicken pieces
- 50gm thai curry paste*
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400ml coconut milk
- 50gm chopped eggplant
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Sprig’s malacca spice blend
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 chopped green chillies
- Basil leaves
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Prepare a bowl of hot boiling water, enough to immerse the entire packet of jasmine rice.
- Switch off the gas, and let the packet rest immersed in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- For the gravy chop the eggplants into small cubes.
- Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add the coconut milk and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the curry paste and keep stirring till the oil leaves from the top.
- Add Sprig’s malacca spice blend and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped eggplants.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar.
- Add ½ cup of boiling water to the cooking gravy. Let it simmer.
- Add a few kaffir lime leaves and basil.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it off the gas.
- Serve the curry with hot jasmine rice, garnish it with basil leaves and enjoy your thai meal!
Recipe and image courtesy of designedbite.com