Teriyaki Tofu on Udon
Yield: Serves 1
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- ½ cup cubed extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp SPRIG Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 portion udon noodles
- ½ red chilli
- A few chopped spring onions for garnish
Sauce on the side
- 4-5 tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- few slices of red chillies
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- Marinate the tofu cubes in the ginger teriyaki sauce with some ½ tsp garlic and sesame seeds. You can do this hours in advance and store in the fridge. But keep it marinated for at least 30 minutes.
- Boil the udon noodles as per its packet instructions and set aside.
- Sauté the spinach and spring onions in 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp garlic, until gently wilted.
- Heat a non-stick pan on high heat. Grill the tofu on the pan.
- In the serving plate, place the noodles first, then the spinach on top and the tofu on top.
- Garnish with some chopped red chillies and spring onions.
- Stir the sauce ingredients together and serve on the side.
Recipe and Images by Kamini Patel of KitchenTherapy.in