Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup finely chopped tender coconut (divide this into 2 portions)
- ½ cup dry fruits (I used almonds and walnuts)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp powdered jaggery
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 2-3 saffron threads
- 3-4 tbsp Sprig’s salted caramel
- Grind the dry fruits and one part of the tender coconut into a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a thick bottomed vessel and add the milk and cook on a low flame.
- Add Sprig’s salted caramel and jaggery and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and add the cardamom powder and saffron threads.
- Add the remaining tender coconut before serving. Tastes good both warm as well as chilled.
- You can substitute sugar or even honey instead of jaggery
- You can add coconut milk or even fresh coconut while grinding to make it more thick and creamy
- Cashews, pecans and pistachios also can be used for the dry fruits.