Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup rice flour
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of sugar
- ¼- ½ cup cold water
- Red peppers, sliced
- Babycorn, sliced lengthwise
- Onion rings
- Eggplant pieces
- Extra rice flour for coating
- 3 cups of oil for frying
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. English Mustard
- A pinch of sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- 1 tsp. SPRIG Yuzu Extract
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- Whisk the yolk with mustard, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Slowly, while whisking add the oil, initially, drop by drop.
- Whisk vigorously until you get the desired consistency.
- Then whisk in the soya sauce, SPRIG Yuzu Extract and garlic.
- Whisk all the ingredients together to make the batter.
- Place the frying oil in a large vessel and place on heat.
- Coat all the vegetables lightly in rice flour.
- Once the oil starts to bubble, dip each vegetable into the batter and then place carefully into the oil.
- Once the vegetables are fried and batter has cooked through, remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
- Soak of excess oil and place in serving platter with the Yuzu Mayo dipping sauce.