Steamed Corn Cob with Sweet Paprika Butter and Tomato salsa topping
Prep Time: 10mins (includes soaking time)
Cooking Time: 8- 10 mins
- Fresh corn: 4 shucked and rinsed
- Tomato: 1 roasted/ finely shopped depending on your preference
- Onion 1 medium, finely chopped
- Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Sprig Sweet Paprika to taste
- Butter to taste
- Sprig Smoked Chipotle Sea salt to taste
- Soak the corn in water for around 10 mins
- In the meantime, make a nice mix of the tomato, onions, lime juice and sea salt.
- Soften the butter and add the Salt and paprika.
- Add water to a stockpot/large wok and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, place the steamer basket atop the pot and add in the soaked corns. I have steamed mine with the husk on.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and secure the lid.
- Allow the corn to steam for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Spread the tomato salsa on top and let it rest for around 3-5mins.
- While the corn is still warm rub it off with sweet paprika butter.