This recipe consists of two elements, the base which is the vegetable couscous and the second is cottage cheese along with some spiced nuts.
Element 1 – Couscous and Vegetables.
- Couscous – 70 gms approx
- Butter – 10 gms
- Red Pepper – 10 gms
- Yellow Pepper – 10 gms
- Green Pepper – 15 gms
- Green Zucchini – 15 gms
- Yellow Zucchini – 15 gms
- Salt – To taste
- Sprig Tangier Spice – 4 gms
- Olive Oil – 15 ml
- In a pan, bring about 150 ml of water to a boil which will be used in order to cook the couscous
- While the water is on the heat and coming up to the boil, to the couscous add in the vegetables, the salt and the Sprig Tangier seasoning along with one spoon of olive oil
- Add the boiling water to the couscous and give it a stir so that the vegetables and seasoning is mixed. Also do not forget to add in one table spoon of butter and then just cover the bowl and keep it aside and jump on to the second element
- After about 5-8 minutes, the water will be soaked by the couscous, mix it so the vegetables are evenly mixed
Element 2 – Spiced Nuts and Cottage Cheese.
- Cottage Cheese (cut using a round cutter) – 4 pcs.
- Mixture of nuts (almond, cashew nuts and pistachios crushed) – 30 gms
- Honey – 25 gms
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Sprig Tangier Seasoning – 4 gms.
- To the mixed nuts, add in the Sprig Tangier seasoning, salt and honey and mix well. Make sure its combined properly as this is the stuffing which will be used in the cottage cheese
- Take the cottage cheese and spoon some nuts mixture on it and then using another cottage cheese slice make a sandwich
- Heat up the pan and add in butter and oil. It should be quite hot so that you can get that nice crispiness and the colour on the cottage cheese
- Once oil in the pan is hot, take the cottage cheese sandwiches and put them on the hot surface
- Flip it once you have achieved that gorgeous looking golden color. Get the same colour on both sides and then put it on a plate