Sichuan Chicken and Veggies
Prep time: 10 mins
Ready in 20 mins
Preparing the chicken
- Chicken Breast Cubed – 400 grams
- Sichuan Chilly Paste 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – ½ tsp
- Cornstarch – ⅓ cup
- Baking soda – ⅛ tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Marinade the chicken with all the ingredients mentioned above and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat Oil in a deep fryer and add the chicken, adding not more than 5 to 6 pieces at a time.
- Place the chicken in an absorbent paper and set aside.
Preparing the final dish
- Oil – 3tbsp
- Dried red chilies – 3-4
- Spring onions whites – ¼ cup + some for garnish
- Spring onion greens – 1/4th cup
- Garlic – 1 tbsp, minced
- Ginger –1 tsp, minced
- Onion – 1 medium quartered and layer separated
- Mixed bell peppers – 1 cup
- Edamame Beans -8 to 10 nos
- Sichuan Chilly Paste – 4 tbsp mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- White Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan on a very high flame. Add the dried red chilies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add minced ginger, garlic and spring onion whites. Stir-fry for less than a second.
- Toss in the mixed bell peppers, beans and onions and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add salt, sugar, Sichuan chilly paste and vinegar.
- Add the fried chicken and spring onion greens and give it a toss.
- Sprinkle with some roasted white sesame seeds.
- Served with some jasmine rice or any mildly flavoured rice.
Recipe and Pic Courtesy: Choukascribbled