Sichuan Baked Tofu Bites
- 200gms Soft Tofu
- 1tbsp-Sesame seeds
- 1tbsp-Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- SPRIG Sichuan Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Cut 200gms of tofu into equal sized pieces. Keep it aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add corn flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Dry oregano and mix all dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, add 1 tsp of SPRIG Sichuan Chilli Paste and 1/2 cup of water and whisk it till there is no lumps.
- Now, add this mixture to dry ingredients and blend it to form a corn flour paste. The consistency should be neither too thick nor too thin. Add more water, in case the paste becomes too thick.
- Now, in another bowl, add bread crumbs, white & black sesame seeds, a pinch of salt. And combine it together.
- Take one piece of Tofu, dunk it in corn flour paste and then coat it with bread crumbs & Sesame seeds mixture from all sides, keep it aside. Continue doing it with entire batch of tofu.
- Brush tofu with vegetable oil and place it on a baking tray. In a pre-heated oven, bake it for 10 minutes at 180c or until becomes crispy golden in Color.
- Till the time it gets baked, we will prepare Sichuan Sauce for which, heat a pan and add 2 tsp of SPRIG Sichuan Chilli Paste and then 1/2 cup of water. Mix it well till the time paste has dissolved.
- Now, add sugar, salt & pepper and stir it till sugar has dissolved.
- Add 1 tsp corn flour and keep stirring it until sauce starts to thicken and then add Baked Tofu pieces and coat it well with the sauce.
- Sichuan Baked Tofu Bites are ready, serve it hot as an appetizer.
Recipe and Photo Credits: Ms. Tanaya Mahajan (IG: @thegrubjournal)