Salted Caramel Glazed Donut Balls
Yield: 10 balls
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup salted caramel
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¾th cup milk
- 5 tbsp (cold) unsalted butter
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter in the flour mixture and mix well. The flour will have a crumbled texture.
- Pour the milk in the flour mixture and start kneading to form a stiff dough.
- Pinch a portion of the dough and start making small balls.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil. Once the oil reaches 180 ºC, lower the flame.
- Gently drop the dough balls into the oil and deep fry them for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Drain excess oil and let the balls completely cool down.
- Pour salted caramel sauce over it and serve.
Recipe and images by Priya Shiva of priyakitchenette.com