Roselle Tea with Ginger Imbued Honey
The combination of Roselle, Ginger and Honey has been an important part of Folk medicine or traditional homemade remedies. While Roselle tea is known to be a very good diuretic and treating high sugar levels and high blood pressure; the combination of Roselle, ginger and honey is used for treating common ailments like cold, fever, indigestion, clearing mucous, sore throat etc
- 1 cup fresh Roselle calyx.
- 4 cups of water
- Ginger Imbued Honey
- Rinse the Roselle well and drain off the water.
- Remove the green seed pod.
- Combine the calyces and water in a large pot and bring to a full boil.
- Watch out for a purplish pink colour.
- Remove the heat and let steep covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain off the liquid through a sieve, discard the Roselle calyces.
- Add Sprig’s Ginger Imbued Honey as per your taste.
- Serve hot.