The combination of Roselle, Ginger and Honey has been an important part of Folk medicine or traditional homemade remedies. While Roselle tea is known to be a very good diuretic and treating high sugar levels and high blood pressure; the combination of Roselle, ginger and honey is used for treating common ailments like cold, fever, indigestion, clearing mucous, sore throat etc
- 1 cup fresh Roselle calyx.
- 4 cups of water
- Ginger Imbued Honey
- Rinse the Roselle well and drain off the water.
- Remove the green seed pod.
- Combine the calyces and water in a large pot and bring to a full boil.
- Watch out for a purplish pink colour.
- Remove the heat and let steep covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain off the liquid through a sieve, discard the Roselle calyces.
- Add Sprig’s Ginger Imbued Honey as per your taste.
- Serve hot.