Preparation time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 300 g rice noodles
- 2 mangoes
- 500 g shrimps
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Malacca: Oriental Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 50 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- Boil noodles for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain it and rinse with cold water to avoid sticking together.
- Peel mangoes and cut into squares.
- Sauce: Mix lime juice, sugar and soy sauce.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry chilli and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add ginger, sesame seeds and Malacca spice blend and fry for the next 2 minutes.
- Add shrimps and keep on frying for around 2-4 minutes (depends on the size of shrimps).
- Add rice noodles and stir properly.
- Add the sauce and mangoes. Stir gently to not smash mangoes.
- Plate it and sprinkle the mint over the pasta.