Cook time 10 minutes
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup water 225 ml approx.
- 1 drop bay leaf extract
- 2-3 SPRIG green cardamom pods
- 2 drops of cloves extract
- An inch of cinnamon stick
- An inch of ginger grated
- 7-8 peppercorns
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or jaggery powder adjust as per taste
- 2 chashaku SPRIG redcha
- Put water in the pan and add the whole spices and ginger to it. Let it come to a boil and allow it to simmer till it reduces to ¾ of a cup.
- Once it has reduced, turn off the heat and allow it to cool off a bit. Add the honey/jaggery and stir it in.
- Take your cup and put SPRIG Redcha in it. Strain and pour the spice concoction on the top of it and give it a nice stir. Discard the leftover spices.
- Drink this while it’s still warm. It would help soothe a irritated throat and warm the body from inside.