Pork and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Time: 90 mins
- 3 tbsp Molé paste
- 400 gm pork
- 2 sweet potatoes (baked)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chipotle chilé
- 1 tbsp Demerara cinnamon sugar
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt – to taste
- 720 ml chicken stock
- 30 gm chopped cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas (warmed)
- 200 gm shredded cheddar cheese
For the sauce:
- Heat half the olive oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, cumin, chipotle chili, Demerara cinnamon sugar, & cook about 1 minute more, or until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add half the chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
For the pork:
- Preheat oven to 350ºf.heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced pork sear well and cook with remaining chicken stock till tender on a slow flame. Season with salt.
- Scoop the insides of the sweet potatoes into a medium bowl and use a fork to mash them. Fold in the cilantro and pork.
- Pour half mole sauce into the bottom of a greased glass baking dish to cover it entirely.
- Divide sweet potato mixture into tortillas and place opening-side down into baking dish. Top with the remaining mole sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.