- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (113 grams/ 8 tbsp), cold and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 + 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup plum curd
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract
- fresh plums and pistachios, to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugars.
- Using your hands mix in the cold butter. The mixture will have a sandy texture.
- Beat in the egg yolk. Mix and knead until the dough comes together.
- Use your fingers to press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ tart pan or a rectangular pan. Refrigerate the tart shell for at least one hour or until the dough is firm.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of the tart shell and then bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until the tart shell is golden brown.
- To make the filling, add lavender extract and plum curd into the whipped cream.
- Spread the filling into the tart shell, once it’s completely cooled. Top with fresh plums and pistachios.
- Your plum lavender tart is ready.