Pear Poached in Demerara Sugar and Lavender Extract
Prep time: 5 mins
Ready in: Overnight (Resting time and compote preparation: 30 mins)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in 1/2
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 drops Sprig Culinary Lavender Extract
- 4 Pears peeled
- 4 tbsp. Sprig Demerara Sugar Infused with real Sri Lankan Cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Berries of your choice
- In a deep pan, combine the sugar and water over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cinnamon stick, demerara sugar, honey, and ginger and Lavender extract.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has melted.
- Add the pears and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender.
- Let the Pear and the syrup cool to a room temperature.
- Refrigerate the pear and syrup overnight.
- Before serving, separate the pear and the syrup.
- Blend the berries to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and pour in the syrup.
- Add the berry paste and simmer the liquid until it thickens and is reduced by half, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Sieve the berry compote through a coarse mesh.
- Serve the pear with some vanilla ice-cream.
- Pour in a luscious amount of the berry compote over the pear and ice cream.
- Serve immediately.