Peanut Butter chocolate flavoured dumplings in cinnamon grape compote
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. Demerara Sugar infused with Real Sri Lankan Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Sprigs Peanut butter and chocolate spread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup of purple grapes (1 cup pureed and ½ cup whole grapes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- In a medium bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add butter, Peanut butter chocolate spread and milk to form the dough.
- Set dumpling dough aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the grapes and the grape puree, Demerara Sugar, and water and bring to a boil.
- Drop dumplings into hot boiling compote one by one.
- Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and cook slowly for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the lid on for at least 20 mins.
- Avoid stirring the dumplings.