Tuscan salad with tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and cucumber topped with basil and capers; an ideal summer dish.
Time: 30 mins
- 4 – 6 Italian basil leaves
- 10 ml garlic infused olive oil
- 1 small French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes 100gms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ red onion, cut into half and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
For the vinaigrette:
- 10ml garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon English mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar 20ml chilly infused olive oil
- Freshly ground SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- Heat the garlic infused olive oil in a large pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk all the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers.
- Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavours to blend.