Pancakes With Cherry Ginger Compote
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 person
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 4 tbsp. Cherries pitted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp. Ginger grated
- Whisk the egg, butter and sugar together.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Now, mix the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients along with the milk.
- Heat a skillet or a non-stick tawa. Slightly brush some butter and pour a ladle of batter. Do not spread it, allow it to even on its own.
- When you see bubbles popping on the top and surface becomes dry, turn it and cook the other side.
- To make the cherry compote, heat the cherries along with the sugar in a heavy bottom pan.
- As it turns into a thick sauce, add the ginger and simmer for a minute. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool down completely.
- To serve, stack the layers of pancake with Dulce de Leche in between. Top it off with the cherry compote.
Recipe and images by Priyanka Bhattacharya of HashDiaries