Orange and Nam Prik Pao Flavoured Som Tam
Prep time 15mins
Ready in 2 mins
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 2 whole green chilli
- 4 French beans, cut into 1cm lengths
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250g green papaya shredded (about 1 medium fruit)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Nam Prik Pao
- Pound together the green chillies, garlic and salt in a mortar pestle.
- In a mixing bowl, add the orange juice, fish sauce, lemon juice and the Nam Prik Pao paste. Stir well.
- Add the pounded mix and stir again.
- Add the shredded papaya, carrot, tomatoes and beans. Give a nice toss.
- Check for seasoning.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and refrigerate it for 2hrs atleast before serving.
Add the toasted peanuts and sesame seeds and serve.