Nam Prik Pao Grilled chicken
Prep time 10mins
Cooking time 40 mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green chillies slit
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup of fresh Coriander
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 chicken thigh
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of Nam Prik Pao– divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- Heat ½ tbsp of sesame oil and olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add onion, chillies garlic and ginger, and simmer until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and stir for about a minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the water, 2 tbsp Nam Prik Pao paste, lemon juice and chicken thigh. Stir, add the fresh coriander, and pressure cook for 1 whistles.
- Let the cooker release the pressure on its own. Take the chicken thigh out and set aside.
- Let the remaining broth reduce to half on low flame.
- Once the broth has reduced to half, mashed all the solids and strain the liquid out.
- Heath the broth again and add 1 tbsp of Nam Prik Pao paste and Chicken thigh.
- Simmer this until all the liquid almost evaporates.
- Coat the chicken thigh with the remaining Nam Prik Pao paste.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the chicken on both sides for 2 to 3 mins on both sides.
- Serve with some fresh salad.