Moroccan Spiced Risotto
Time: 25 mins
- 1 ½ tbsp Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 20 gm diced zucchini
- 30 gm diced peppers
- 5 halved cherry tomato
- 4 cups light vegetable broth
- 2-3 chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Rosemary & lavender salt – to taste
- TGSEB Pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted pistachios – 1tbsp
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots until softened.
- Add the rice and continue to sauté until the rice is coated with the butter and becomes partially translucent. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add about 2/3 cup of broth to the pan while stirring. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the broth is mostly adsorbed.
- Add another portion of broth and simmer, stirring frequently, until the broth is nearly adsorbed again. Keep repeating this for about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the diced vegetables and Harissa paste when the rice is almost cooked (al dente). Add the Rosemary & Lavender Salt and TGSEB Pepper according to taste.
- When the rice is done, remove from heat and stir parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a little high-quality extra-virgin olive oil, and garnish with chopped pistachios and apricots.