Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Total servings: 16 blondies, serves 12-14 people
- 195 g brown or burnt butter (room temperature)
- 175 g Sprig Demerara Sugar infused with Real Madagascar Vanilla
- 40 g castor sugar
- 2 medium-large eggs
- 1 tbsp instant coffee/espresso dissolved in 3 tbsp warm milk
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- A generous pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp Sprig Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 75 g Cream cheese
- 110 g Sprig Jar of Bliss
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 175 C. Butter and line a 10×10 inch square pan.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, add the brown butter which is liquid but cooled to room temperature (to learn how to make brown butter refer to this recipe). Add both sugars and Vanilla and mix well. Add eggs one by one and whisk well.
- Now add the coffee dissolved in warm milk (shouldn’t be hot) and mix it in.
- Now add the dry ingredients and fold it in with a spatula till the ingredients are blended, do not over mix. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, take your room temperature cream cheese and the Jar of Bliss spread with the sugar and mix it well.
- Add the blondie batter into the lined baking pan, now using a tablespoon, dollop this cream cheese mixture on this blondie batter spoonful by spoonful leaving some space between the dollops and using a butter knife, swirl through these dollops to create a design that pleases your eye.
- Bake this for about 25-30 minutes, keep checking after 25.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan, cut and serve!