Mocha and Cacao Tiramisu Trifle
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
Base Vanilla Cake
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour With 2 tbsp. of it replaced with equal amount of Cornflour
- 1/3 cup Refined Oil
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs. For an eggless version, use 2 tbsp. of Yogurt
- 4 tbsp. Sprig Jar of Bliss Mocha & Cacao Spread
- 1/4 cup Chilled Whipping Cream Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cream
To make the base cake
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together. Sieve them through and keep them aside.
- Now, in another bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt, till light and almost 3 times in its volume.
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk them vigorously till light and airy.
- Now, add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and mix gently. Once you see that the dry ingredients have incorporated nicely, stop mixing.
- Now, pour the batter in a cake tin lined with parchment paper and bake it at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
- Take it out and allow it to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes before turning it upside down on wire rack to cool down completely.
To assemble the dessert
- Beat the chilled whipping cream till stiff peaks form
- In another bowl, mix the mocha & cacao spread with fresh cream and heat in a microwave for 10s. Mix it well till the consistency loosens.
- Now, take your serving glasses and cut out the cake in the size of its base. Cut another to make layers of the dessert. Keep them aside.
- Now, line the base with a slice of cake. Pour some of the mocha & cacao spread on the top of it. Now, take a tablespoon full of the whipping cream and spread that generously. Adjust the quantity as per your serving dish.
- Now, gently place another slice of the cake and repeat the steps.
- Once you have filled the glass and reached the top, you can give it a neat finish by levelling the top, or pour a few drops of the spread and make swirls with these.
- Chill these till you are ready to serve. By the time you take them out, you will notice that the cakes have soaked in the choco and mocha flavors.
Recipe and Images Courtesy Priyanka Bhattacharya (speakingaloud.in)