I have to confess: I was just a boring old omelette until I got together with Sprig’s Chipotle Adobado sauce that makes me go “Ole!” I went from ordinary to awesomesauce in just 30 seconds! Find out how. All you need is an open mind and a secret ingredient that will lend your Tortilla Omelette its authentic Mexican flavour.
You will need
- 500g potato
- 1 onion
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Dash of Sprig Chipotle Adobado
- 6 eggs
- Scrape the potatoes or leave the skins on, if you prefer. Cut them into thick slices. Chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Strain the potatoes and onions through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside).
- Beat the eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with the parsley and pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of Sprig Chipotle Adobado. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan. Tip everything into the pan and cook on moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook for a few more minutes. Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.