Mexican Style Pork Ribs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 750 g country style pork ribs
- 4 tablespoon Sprig Chipotle Adobado Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sprig Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Sprig TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Sprig Ginger Imbued Honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Homemade barbeque sauce (2 ripe tomatoes, 1 big onion, 1 inch thick ginger)
- Fresh coriander
- Olive Oil
- Special addition for that extra heat: 1 teaspoon Sprig Bhut Jolokia Sauce
Step 1: Pre-Boiling the Pork Ribs
- In a pressure cooker, add pork ribs, garlic cloves, bay leaves cinnamon stick, 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles or till the meat is tender, but still attached to the bone.
- Drain the broth and set aside.
Step 2: Preparing the Sauce
- While the ribs are getting pressure cooked, roast the pepper corns, dry red chillies and soak in water.
- Roast the tomatoes and remove the skin.
- Cut the onions into 4 big chunks and roast in a thick skillet, until deep brown on all sides.
- In a blender, add the roasted peppercorns, tomatoes, onion, garlic, soaked peppercorns, chillies and ginger. Blend it to smooth paste with half a cup of the cooking broth from the ribs.
- Add honey, brown sugar, cumin, Chipotle smoked sea salt, lime juice and olive oil to the paste and mix well.
Step 3: Preparing the Ribs
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Place the ribs in the skillet and lightly fry them in their own fat. If the fat content in your ribs is less add some oil to the skillet before adding the ribs.
- When the ribs have browned on all sides, pour the sauce over the ribs and simmer for about 10-15 minutes on low heat or until the meat is tender enough to separate from the bones.
- Adjust the desired consistency by adding the broth or simmering for a longer duration.
- After the required consistency is achieved, add the chipotle Adobado sauce and the Bhut Jolokia sauce, stir well and simmer on very high heat for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Serve hot.