Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups water
- 3 black tea bags or 1 tablespoon loose black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole green cardamom pods, crushed or about 1/4 teaspoon seeds
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 (6-inch) piece vanilla bean (cut up into 1-inch pieces) or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons SPRIG Coconut Sugar mingled with a Quartet of Brown Spices
- 2 cups low fat or whole milk
- In a large saucepan, add the water, tea bags, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla bean and SPRIG Coconut Sugar.
- Bring just to a boil; then cover and reduce the heat to low. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes depending on how strong a spice flavor you want.
- Add milk and slowly bring just to simmer (do not boil the milk), then remove from heat.
- Strain mixture through strainer and press on the spices and tea with a spoon to extract all the fragrant liquids.