Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Chilling Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes per crepe
Makes: 12 small crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1+ 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon SPRIG Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla
- 2 drops SPRIG Marigold Yellow All Natural Colour Extract
- 2 tablespoons SPRIG Ginger Imbued Honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (can be replaced with chia seeds)
- Whipped cream and fresh berries, to garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar and lemon zest.
- Make a well in middle of the dry ingredients and add eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Add Vanilla Extract, All Natural Colour Extract and Ginger Honey. Beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Beat in the butter. Add poppy seeds. Let the batter rest in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Lightly brush a pan/skillet set over medium heat with vegetable oil/ butter.
- Once the pan is hot, pout 1/4 cup of crepe batter on the pan. Swirl it to spread the batter all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Let the crepe cook for 1-2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side. Once both the sides are golden-brown, serve the crepes with whipped cream and fresh berries.