Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cooling time : 30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 ¼ tsp Gelatine
- 1 ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Castor Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 no Sprig Vanilla Beans from Madagascar
- 1 ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender
- Place 1/4th cup cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine over; let stand until softened, for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean and add pod. Bring just to a simmer. Add softened gelatine and stir until dissolved. Remove cream mixture from heat, let it cool.
- Remove vanilla pod from cream mixture; discard. Whisk in buttermilk, sour cream, and Lavender Extract. You could add food colour if desired.
- Divide mixture among 6-8 jars / ramekins / glasses. Chill until set, at least 2 hours. Garnish with market-fresh berries and/or fresh cream.