Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 40-50 pieces
- 6 egg whites
- 300 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons potato starch/cornflour
- 1 spoon orange juice
- 4 drops of SPRIG Lavender extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until they’re holding firm peaks.
- Gently add in the sugar, spoonful after spoonful, still beating.
- Sprinkle the potato starch/cornflour, a few drops of lavender extract and stir gently with a spatula.
- Next add the lemon juice and fold in to combine. Don’t over-mix. The mixture should now look smooth and billowy, almost like a snow drift.
- Mound the meringue on to the baking parchment. Bake around 1 hour 15 minutes in 120oC, until the meringues sound crisp when tapped underneath and are a pale coffee colour. Leave to cool on the trays or a cooling rack.
Recipe and Image by Aga of herlittlecookbook.com