Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes (plus the freezing time)
No of Servings: 6 kulfis (1/2 cup each)
- 1/2 litrewhole milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ½ cup (or more) pistachios (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender
- Bring the milk to boil, lower the flame, and cook till it reduces to half the volume.
- You have to stir frequently while the reducing the milk so that it doesn’t stick to the sides and burn.
- Switch off, add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Whip the cream till it peaks. Add half of this whipped cream to the milk and mix well.
- Add half of the chopped pistachios and 1/2 teaspoon Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender. Mix well.
- Finally gently fold in the remaining whipped cream into the mix. You don’t have mix well. Let it remain as lumps in the kulfi mix.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of chopped pistachios to the kulfi moulds.
- Gently pour the kulfi mix into the moulds. Leave a little space on the top. Insert the ice cream sticks. You can top up the moulds with more chopped pistachios.
- Keep the moulds in the freezer.
- Once the kulfis have set (after 7-8 hours), take them out, and place the moulds in water.
- Rub the sides with your palm to warm up the mould and gently pull out the kulfi stick.
- The kulfi will come out clean on the stick. You can garnish with more chopped pistachios before serving.
Note: If you don’t have kulfi moulds, you can replace them with steel glasses.
Arun Velekkat is a food blogger. His blog, www.thetakeiteasychef.com, is all about simple, honest food using local, organic produce.