Prep time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 Mackerel, incised evenly
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon corn flour and 1/4th cup water slurry
- Sprig Lavender Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoons Sprig Bhut Jolokia Sauce
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- Salt to marinate the fish
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Marinate the mackerel with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan. Carefully sear the fish on high heat to get a nice brown crispy skin on both sides.
- Cook the fish for at least 5 to 8 mins on each side on medium heat.
- Zest half of one orange (about 2 teaspoons) and juice the two oranges (about 3/4 cup).
- Put the juice, zest, wine and shallots in a sauce pan on medium high heat.
- On low heat, whisk in the butter continuously and vigorously, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Do not let the sauce boil
- Add Lavender Sea salt, Bhut Jolokia sauce and cornflour slurry.
- Let the sauce thicken.
- Plate the mackerel and gently pour the sauce on top.