Lavender Baked Yoghurt with Rose Ginger Honey Syrup
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (not including time for soaking, straining, and chilling)
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 2 cups of fresh red rose petals
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Sprig Ginger Imbued Honey
- Soak the rose petals in water and leave to stand overnight.
- Heat the rose petals and water in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat, until the water reduces to half of its original quantity.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then strain it through a muslin cloth.
- Add Sprig Ginger Imbued Honey and stir well to develop a homogenous mix. (Though Rose Syrup is commonly made with sugar, honey is a much healthier option and provides a distinct and delicious flavour)
- Store the mixture it in a clean airtight bottle.
- 1 1/2 Cup Hung Curd
- 1 Cup Milk
- 400 grams Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender
- Place the curd on a fine mesh strainer with a bowl underneath and let it stand for at least 2 to 3 hrs.
- Transfer it to large bowl and whisk hung curd and condensed milk together till it is smooth and creamy. While doing so, keep adding the milk slowly until slight frothing starts.
- Add the Lavender extract and mix well. Add chopped dry fruits of your choice for added flavour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Meanwhile, transfer the mix into a greased mould or cake tin.
- Seal it with aluminium foil, and place the mould in a baking tray.
- Gently pour some water in the baking tray, till the mould is half immersed.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins.
- After approximately 30 minutes, insert a knife or a toothpick in the middle of the yogurt bake.
- If it comes out clean, your yoghurt is baked to perfection, else bake it for another 10 minutes or so.
No Bake Mocha and Cacao Cookie Oats Crust
- 100 g Salted Cookies
- 150 g Oats (toasted)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoon Sprig Jar of Bliss Mocha and Cacao Spread
- Place the cookies in a Ziplock bag and make a crumble by using a roller or the bottom of a thick pan.
- Transfer the crumbs into a large bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the oats and mocha spread and stir rigorously to form a nice mix.
- Now place it in a mould and press it down using a fork to make it as compact as possible.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once you have all your ingredients ready, plate it up with the no bake crust at the bottom and the baked yoghurt at the top. Gently pour red honey rose syrup on top as desired.
Recipe and Photographs Courtesy: Antara Boruah (Choukascribbled)